geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v1.1.0
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 22:55:49 GMT

On Jul 9, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 7/9/06, Sachin Patel <sppatel@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The following distributions of the Geronimo Eclipse plugin are ready
>> to be voted on for final release.  Since binding votes are needed,
>> each PMC member if possible, please cast your vote within 72 hours.
>
> Why has the 72-hour vote period been set?

No critical reason, just a time frame on when I'll upload the driver
to the distribution size if no -1's have been casted.

>> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/g-eclipse-
>> plugin-1.1-deployable-RC4.zip
>> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/g-eclipse-
>> plugin-1.1-updatesite-RC4.zip
>
> What's the difference between them?

The first one just unzips into your ECLIPSE_HOME.  Once released, the
second is the distribution that gets unzipped into the update manager
site.  The packaging is a little different.  The second one can also
be tested by unzipping anywhere on your filesystem and creating a
"local" update site to it.  The site.xml is not really needed to test
it.

> Which one do I need to download
> and what are the steps to test it out? Just unpack to $ECLIPSE_HOME
> dir? Just downloaded Eclipse 3.2 and am ready to give it a whirl.

You can start with Eclipse 3.2 but will need to go to the update
manager to add WTP and its requirements.  Or you can download the WTP-
all in one package.  I'm working as-we speak on a eclipse-plugin FAQ
for the wiki that will contain further detailed info.

> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.laskowski.net.pl