geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: What is the point of the CAR file?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 03:17:36 GMT
To be clear...er

I am still not convinced that we need CAR files to make G work... but
we can look into this more later once we have a functional build and
most likely 1.2+ out the door.

We'll see... maybe i will see the light and hop on the CAR
bandwagon... or maybe not.  I commented on this to get a better
understanding for while it was needed to make G operate (and still
pending some concrete details).  My gut tells me that there is a
simpler way to get to the same goal... and we should examine if that
is possible... BUT, I'm not suggesting in any way that we block
progress (of the m2 build or anything) because of it.

--jason