geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject o.a.g.connector.outbound.connectionmanagerconfig.XATransactions?
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:52:43 GMT
I'm working on some code in the Jencks project that uses the
XATransactions class.  From what I have gathered, this an instance of
this class or the NoTransaction or LocalTransaction class is passed
the the GenericConnectionManager, and it specifies the relationship
between the connector and transactions.  This all part sense to me.
The part I find confusing are the two properties on the XATransaction
class: useTransactionCaching and useThreadCaching.

What do these settings do/ mean?

Is having them both true or both false a valid setting?

What should the default values be?  For this I'm thinking of turning
on transactionCaching when we have a connection tracker and thread
tracking when we are running in an environment that doesn't.

TIA,

-dain