geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Project M2 POM for Geronimo
Date Sun, 09 Jul 2006 19:46:52 GMT
This is what I recommend... though from what I have tried so far,
this root pom probably don't really be a root, but a child pom of a
separate project and then uses as the parent of other projects root pom.

I have started to setup a container project for build related modules
called Genesis, currently under:

     https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/sandbox/svkmerge/genesis/

This project has two major trees: config and plugins.  The config
modules are used to pull in common build configuration., and plugins
are regular plugins and support modules for plugins for common G
plugins.  I recommend that we create a project-config module here,
that defines the basic elements that will be shared by all Geronimo
projects built with m2.

I also recommend that we enumerate commonly used plugins and their
versions here.  I've run into problems before using RELEASE plugins
when a new release is pushed out that breaks builds (configuration
change or functionality change).

This is also a good place to put the common release profiles with
distro configuration as well as the basic site generation
configuration, which all projects should ideally share.

--jason