geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v1.1.0
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:54:17 GMT

On Jul 10, 2006, at 9:07 AM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:16 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>
>> On 7/10/06, Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> No critical reason, just a time frame on when I'll upload the
>>> driver to the
>>> distribution size if no -1's have been casted.
>>
>> That's interesting...would that mean that if Geronimo 1.2 is about to
>> release only 72 hours matters or 3+ votes?
>
> Is it required that every PMC must vote? If not, then yes, I would
> think so.  A released is only stopped if a -1 is received, not if
> people abstain from a vote.

No, that's not right. A release is a majority vote. You can't "veto"
a release with a -1. And, I think, there's no minimum vote
requirement. Although if you only have 3 +1 votes, then I'd say
something is probably wrong...  72 hours seems to be considered a
minimum vote timeframe... I think we had something similar for some
of the G 1.1 release votes...

--kevan