geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jencks and Lingo projects on Continuum
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:48:29 GMT

On Jul 17, 2006, at 10:32 PM, James Strachan wrote:

> BTW it was me - I'm always on the look out of a CI server we can use
> on OSS projects :). I'll try get the builds working.

You were on my list of suspects... ;-) I think it's great to get the
projects added and building.

> Does it really affect Geronimo if the builds fail? AFAIK build error
> mail should be going to the Jencks & Lingo projects?

No, it has no impact on Geronimo. However, I do occasionally make a
sweep through http://ci.gbuild.org/continuum/target/ and try to get
builds running. If failures are obviously project build/test
problems, I usually ignore (unless it's a project that I'm working
on). However, there are also surprisingly frequent environmental
issues that need to be resolved (svn urls changing, manual clean up
of build files, helping dependencies get resolved, etc). So, as I was
tinkering with Jencks and Lingo trying to get the builds to work, I
suddenly got the urge to stop... My note was the result... :-)

--kevan