geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r422640 - /geronimo/configs/
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:53:50 GMT
Hey Jason,
These paths were used by the Continuum builds on GBuild. For example
the "Geronimo 1.2 :: Configs" build used geronimo/configs. So, at the
moment the configs, applications, and assembly phases of the G 1.2
build are broken.

I've never really cared for separating the build steps on Continuum
(eg, modules, applications, configs, and assembly). I don't think
separating them gives us much, if any benefit, and may actually cause
some confusion... AFAIK, there's nothing that insures subsequent
build phases (e.g. assembly)  runs after a modules build. Also, I
don't think there's anything to insure proper build order -- I'd
hacked the current projects to build in the proper order by renaming
the assembly project to "Z Assembly". I'd just as soon always run a
full build even if only a config plan has changed.

So, unless I hear any objections. I'm going to delete the existing
Continuum Geronimo 1.2 projects and have just one Geronimo 1.2
project that runs a full Geronimo build.

--kevan