geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:54:51 GMT
>> The problem w/ migrating in a branch is that it gets out of date
>> quickly.
>
> Quickly?! Is my English working badly again? ;-) How could you say
> 'quickly' while we're almost stopped and everybody's frustrated?
> That's why I proposed it.

Problem is that the branch needs to be kept in sync with other
changes to trunk... which is merging overhead, less overhead perhaps
than with RTC.

Unless we can agree that the m2 changes in trunk are okay to commit w/
o RTC because they only affect the m2 build, then I  feel I have not
choice but to branch and work out how best to keep the branch sync'd
with out causing artificial merge conflicts... or simply stop working
on this.

IMO, the branch is better than RTC on trunk... but I think that it is
still more work than what is really needed... and I don't really like
to waste my time (or yours).

--jason