geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: TCK Dog
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:19:44 GMT

On Jul 10, 2006, at 1:55 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> Kevan, you've been tck dog for six months now.  Having built the
> system and done the job myself, I know you're not going to survive
> another six months.  We definitely need to get someone else to take
> that job for a while.
> What do you think?

I certainly agree with that... I would also hope that we can work on
distributing the burden, a bit. So, it's not one dog, but several...
Although I certainly had a lot of help from you, David J, and Dain,
It'd be great to see a broader base of participation...

I see the following pieces:

1) Keeping builds running through Continuum
2) Keeping tests running through GBuild
3) Monitoring/advertising test results.
4) Fixing problems

It's #4 that can be the killer and where we should be working as a
team... but the others can eat up time, also.

I have #1 going for 1.1.1-SNAPSHOT and 1.2-SNAPSHOT. Hope to get #2
going later today...

Now, would be a great time for getting more people involved...

View raw message