geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: VMware on GBuild?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:27:24 GMT
> Mmmkay :-P  Well maybe we will have to set Xen up on GBuild west and
> see which is better ;-)

That would be awesome!

> How hard could it be?  Change some port numbers... run from a
> different directory?

I  assumed that GBuild told a slave machine "please download a TCK for
branch N.M and execute build target foo".  So I was assuming that the
standard TCK build would need to support this somehow.  There are
actually kind of a lot of port numbers to change, and I assume all the
app clients would need the change to in order to connect to the
correct server.  So it sounded pretty intimidating.

If we can set up several TCK installs on a box and have one GBuild
slave process sit on each one, it would be more manageable in that we
could create a procedure or script to mangle all the port numbers and
run it by hand when setting up the TCK.  Still would be annoying every
time we need to set up a new TCK rev to run, but better than trying to
make the core TCK distribution take a parameter indicating whether it
should configure itself for alternate ports or something.

> Aight, fair enough.  I'm interested to see how well it performs.

I still need to get past the IP address issue.  I can ask if we can
get more from our provider, but there might be a fee or something and
it may or may not work out.

Thanks,
    Aaron