geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Re: Liferay Plugin for G
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:03:57 GMT
Actually, also, your repository isn't quite right.  The
geronimo-plugins.xml should go in the root of the repository (which in
this case is http://mcmahanfamily.org/repository/ not
http://mcmahanfamily.org/repository/geronimo-1.1/).  So either you
should move all the files to repository/geronimo-1.1/ or you should
move the geronimo-plugins.xml to repository/ and give out the URL
without the geronimo-1.1 on the end.

Thanks,
    Aaron

> Sorry I've left this thread sitting idle for the last few days.  I'm
> just now recovering from a complete system overhaul after my OS
> crashed *wince*.
>
> Thanks Brian for being so flexible.  In the long run I agree with Jeff
> that it would be ideal if the plugin was hosted at liferay.com. That
> way Liferay can update it when necessary, track downloads, etc. I
> would be happy to work with someone to set up a plugin repository at
> the Liferay site and then get that repository added to the master list
> so it will automatically appear in the admin console,  just let me
> know if/when the time is right.
>
> In the meantime I really hope that the Geronimo community will start
> trying out the Liferay plugin and provide feedback.  Aaron would you
> like to upload the plugin to your repository so it can automatically
> appear in the admin console?   I have also made the plugin available
> in a private repository I use for development/testing.  You can add
> that repository to your admin console by shutting down your server,
> editing config.xml,  and setting this attribute inside the
> DownloadedPluginRepos gbean:
>
> <attribute name="userRepositories">[http://mcmahanfamily.org/repository/geronimo-1.1/]</attribute>
>
> Then start your Geronimo server, log into the admin console, and then
> click the "Search for Plugins" button in the Plugin portlet.  Select
> the liferay/liferay-portal/4.0.0/car plugin and follow the prompts
> from there.  You may notice a few glitches in the progress bar UI
> while the plugin is uploading.  I attached a fix for that to
> GERONIMO-1959.
>
> If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to send me a note
> or catch me on irc.
>
> thanks,
> Paul
>

> On 7/21/06, Brian Chan <bchan@liferay.com> wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Great job! I'd rather optimize for ease of use for the end user. If geronimoplugins
is better, so be it. I'm fine either way.

> > Jeff just sent use the DD for the ejb version. It's still on our todo list and is
the last thing holding us back for 4.1.0 release (this weekend/next few days).