geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: car-maven-plugin error
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:36:15 GMT
On 7/25/06, anita kulshreshtha <a_kulshre@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >     <dependencies>
> >         <!-- For build ordering -->
> >         <dependency>
> >             <groupId>gplugins</groupId>
> >             <artifactId>quartz-scheduler</artifactId>
> >         </dependency>
> >     </dependencies>
>
>     I do not understand the <!-- For build ordering --> comment ?

The entry there is the JAR that I'm trying to make a CAR out of (e.g.
the CAR = that JAR plus target/plan/plan.xml).  If I don't put a
dependency there, how will Maven know, from a clean tree, to build the
JAR module before it builds the CAR module that uses that JAR?  Is
there some way other than a dependency to force the build order?

Thanks,
    Aaron