geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Geronimo 1.1 JARs but not CARs on ibiblio; car-maven-plugin change
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:49:22 GMT
So I can use Maven 2 against Geronimo 1.1 since the G 1.1 JARs have
been pushed to Maven 2.

However, I can't use the car-maven-plugin to build a CAR in a script
the way we do in Geronimo because it appears that you're supposed to
list your parent module as a dependency, and none of the Geronimo 1.1
CARs are in the Maven 2 repo.  So you can list e.g.
geronimo/rmi-naming/1.1/car as a dependency if you want that to be
your parent, and the build dies with:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) geronimo:rmi-naming:car:1.1

I tried telling it to use version 1.0 just for grins, and it
downloaded an unbelievable amount of stuff -- and eventually died
here:

Path to dependency:
        1) gplugins:quartz-scheduler-plugin:car:0.2.1
        2) geronimo:rmi-naming:car:1.0
        3) geronimo:geronimo-jetty:jar:1.0
        4) org.springframework:spring:jar:1.2.5
        5) org.springframework:spring-support:jar:1.2.5
        6) javax.resource:connector:jar:1.0

This is pretty ridiculous, since the dependency is not actually needed
to build, we just want its name to write it into a plan file.  I
originally was going to ask for the CARs to be posted, but not if is
has this side effect if pulling in an unholy amout of crap.

I'd rather manually specify the <environment> in my plan and suppress
the "feature" that writes a modified <environment> into the target
plan.

It looks like the offending code is in PlanProcessorMojo, so I'd like
to add a config option to that file to suppress the auto-generated
environment.  But I don't know a whole lot about Maven plugins.  Can
someone walk me through adding a config option to the car-maven-plugin
that will eventually be set into a variable on the PlanProcessorMojo
instance?

Thanks,
    Aaron