geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [RTC] Merge m2migration (functional m2 build) to trunk
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:50:36 GMT
One comment for later (post-merge)...

It would be great if we could avoid putting the Geronimo version
number in every POM in every directory throughout the project (in the
<parent> element).  I gather there's a chicken-and-egg problem here
(how do you find the parent using the version if the parent defines
the version), but if there was any workaround (trust the relativePath
over the group/artifact/version?), it would be really helpful for the
process of updating a particular location (trunk/branch/tag) to a new
version number.

Thanks,
    Aaron