geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [RTC] Merge m2migration (functional m2 build) to trunk
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:39:45 GMT
-1 to making this "the preferred build" -- we've lost the
functionality to build plugins as part of the build.

For example, see configs/welcome-jetty/src/conf/geronimo-plugin.xml

Then look at configs/welcome-jetty/target/welcome-jetty-1.2-SNAPSHOT.car
and note that it doesn't have an entry for
META-INF/geronimo-plugin.xml (whereas
~/.maven/repository/geronimo/cars/welcome-jetty-1.1.car does have it).

I was tipped off by Prasad's comment on another thread that the
geronimoPlugin option to the Maven car plugin is ignored.

In the M1 packaging plugin, we attached a pre or post hook to copy the
plugin metadata file into the exploded CAR directory before zipping it
into the Maven repository.  I suspect that's not the appropriate
approach for Maven 2, but we need something.

Thanks,
    Aaron