geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Documentation on geronimoplugins web site
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:52:52 GMT
On 7/20/06, John Sisson <jrsisson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> What license is the documentation content at your
> http://www.geronimoplugins.com site under?  For example the FAQ and the
> PDF http://www.geronimoplugins.com/geronimo-plugin-workshop.pdf  ?

The FAQ is under the "it's a web page license"...  but as far as I'm
concerned you're welcome to copy the content to cwiki if you like.

The presentation has a regular copyright and should not be moved to
Apache.  If you want to write one for Apache that would be great, and
you're welcome to send me questions or whatever.

> I would like to look at copying some of the documentation about the
> plugin architecture to Geronimo's cwiki site, since we don't seem to
> have any documentation on it and so it is able to be updated by the
> Geronimo community.
>
> I would also like to have committer access to the site so I can become
> more familiar with its operation.

At this point, the site is generated by a tool so there's not really
anything for "a committer" to do -- any changes would just be deleted
on the next refresh.

However, all the content related to specific plugins (which is
essentially all the content except the FAQ) comes from the
geronimo-plugin.xml files in the plugins.  So, for example, to change
the description of the tomcat servlet examples page, you'd change
configs/servlets-examples-tomcat/src/conf/geronimo-plugin.xml.

Thanks,
     Aaron