geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: ClassLoader and Dependency Charts
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:47:09 GMT
We have some code to show a dependency graph kicking around...  We
could probably squeeze that into a portlet.  Here's an example:

http://people.apache.org/~ammulder/classloaders.png

However, I'm not sure how useful it will be -- it'll show you
dependencies at the class loader level, but it won't tell you which
class loaders hold a particular class or which class loader you're
actually getting at some point when an error is uncovered.

Can you think of some way to make it more useful that way?

Thanks,
    Aaron