geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Re: Remove GeronimoExecutor?
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 02:01:36 GMT
> How about we just implement toString() on our Runnables, and our
> thread pool can track that way?  I really want to uncouple  this code.

The problem is that if you forget that, or use one bit of code outside
our control (e.g. Tomcat, Jetty, etc.) you instantly get really nasty
entries on the screen that shows the statistics.  At least now we can
tell which ones aren't implemented and just bundle those into an
"unknown" category.  I'm open to alternatives, but I don't like the
toString one so much.

In any case, you can definitely remove GeronimoExecutor.

Thanks,
    Aaron