geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Re: Re: what does a ejb-jar.xml looks like?
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:37:19 GMT
To start with, why don't you take a look at this:

http://chariotsolutions.com/geronimo/ejb.html#id2604520

There should be a DOCTYPE or xmlns at the very beginning of your
ejb-jar.xml, and by comparing the values in the DOCTYPE or xmlns to
the samples at that link, you should be able to figure out what
version of EJB you are using.  I'm not sure Geronimo supports "EJB
1.0" but that's very, very old, so I think you may find you're using
"EJB 1.1" at a minimum.  If you don't see the DOCTYPE or xmlns listed
in your file, or they don't match anything at that link, can you post
the first few lines of your ejb-jar.xml including the DOCTYPE or xmlns
here?

Also, can you post your application.xml?  That would let us confirm
the version of the EAR packaging it's using, and make sure it's
listing the right values for your EAR.  As I understand it you have 3
WARs, 1 EJB JAR, and 2 regular JARs in the EAR, so we want to make
sure you have the right entries in application.xml for the EAR.

Thanks,
     Aaron

On 7/14/06, mika <mika.works@gentlemansclub.de> wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> first i thank you for your advices.
>
> Now my answears:
> I don't know exactly what EJB's are. I only know that they are Enterprise Java Beans.
But what they are doing is a little black cloud in my mind.

> My EAR consists of three JAR's, three WAR's and an application.xml as well as a principle.xml.
>
> In one of the JAR's is an ejb-jar.xml. This file consists, as you wrote, of the Beans
decided to deploy.
> This JAR is the only which has to be deployed. The other two are some additional informations...
some classes more or less.

> The versions of J2EE and EJB depends on what geronimo 1.1 requires. I think, that they
are not higher than J2EE 1.2 and EJB 1 (i asked my boss, and this is what he is supposing).

> In association with this and my thinking of solve this problem I suggest that I have
to set an URL to the ejb-jar.xml in the contained JAR-file of the EAR.
> Is this the right approach?
> If you could tell me the way of setting the ejb-jar.xml-path so, that geronimo doesn't
make this error, I would thank you very much!

> PS: assume that the ejb-jar.xml is contained in the META-INF-directory of MyJAR.jar,
which is contained in MyEAR.ear. This is only for better understanding :-).