geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1 JARs in Maven 2 Repo
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:29:41 GMT
> I'd recommend that projects using m2 wait for G 1.2, which will
> hopefully be sooner rather than later.

Too late.  For example, the Quartz plugin (already available on the
plugin repo) uses G 1.1 and Maven 2.  I've been copying JARs around by
hand, which is annoying, and why I want to solve this.  There are more
people getting involved in developing plugins, and it's hard to
recommend Maven 1 and hard to recommend file copying (and *extra* hard
to recommend waiting for Geronimo 1.2, given the current velocity).

> If a project is using m2 and can't wait for G 1.2, then it should
> setup a legacy repo and use the m1 artifacts.

OK, that's fine, but should it use the groupId "geronimo" or
"org.apache.geronimo.modules" when referring to, e.g.,
geronimo-kernel?

Thanks,
    Aaron