geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo 1.1 JARs in Maven 2 Repo
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 14:59:43 GMT
On 7/10/06, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> I think that it's better to have different group ids for the M1 and M2
> jars since their contents, maven wise, are quite different.  IIUC, we
> really shouldn't be putting M1 jars into an M2 repo.

So are you taking the position that we should not support Maven 2
builds with dependencies on Geronimo 1.1, or that we should support
Maven 2 builds with dependencies on 1.1 but only if they use the
"Maven 1 Group ID" for Geronimo and then change the Group ID when they
update to Geronimo 1.2?

My position is that if someone is using Maven 2 with dependencies on
Geronimo, they should use the "Maven 2 Group ID" for Geronimo,
regardless of which version of Geronimo they're depending on.

Or, perhaps you're saying that we should keep the JARs in a Maven 1
repo but put them in there twice, in one place for the "Maven 1 Group
ID" (for Maven 1 clients) and in a different place for the "Maven 2
Group ID" for Maven 2 clients (who need to point their build to a
Maven 1 repo but from what you've said that will work)?

Thanks,
     Aaron