geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Geronimo 1.1 JARs in Maven 2 Repo
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:00:17 GMT
Since we don't necessarily plan on converting Geronimo 1.1.x to Maven
2, can we post the 1.1 JARs in a Maven 2 repo somewhere, with a
structure corresponding to the new 1.2/Maven 2 group IDs (o.a.g.*) but
no POMs?

That would help with building plugins using Maven 2 against the 1.1
JARs (such as kernel, system, etc.).  At least if you put in an
explicit dependency in your plugin POM it should be able to pull the
JARs for you.  (And of course they're only needed at compile time
since they'll be pulled in via parent module dependencies at runtime.)

If no one has any better idea, maybe I'll post them on my
people.apache.org for now.  But if we can agree to post them to the
Maven 2 repo at iBiblio that would be great.

Thanks,
     Aaron