geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <>
Subject Re: Geronimo plugin repositories
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 22:35:02 GMT
It won't be bad to change the URL, but I think the more pressing need
is for the user to be able to add new repositories directly.  The
plugin repository list GBean tracks both the repositories downloaded
from the "official" list and a group of user-added repositories that
will be kept even if the contents of the official list change so the
other entries are replaced.  So we need a button/link and a screen or
JavaScript popup or something so the user can select to add a new
repository and it will be added to the list of user repositories.
You're welcome to work on that.

On 7/7/06, Paul McMahan <> wrote:
> In Geronimo 1.1 the console retrieves its default list of plugin
> repositories from a URL under  This can be changed
> by overriding an attribute of the DownloadedPluginRepos gbean in
> config.xml.  GERONIMO-2076 calls out the need for making the list of
> plugin repositories configurable without having to manually edit
> config.xml.
> Since the 1.1.1 release is gearing up I was looking for JIRAs I can
> work on.  Unless someone else already has their eye on this JIRA
> (Aaron?) I would like to provide a new portlet that will allow the
> user to easily add/remove plugin repositories.  The list would still
> be persisted in config.xml.  I can also change the location of the
> default repository list to somewhere under, which
> would be handy since those documents are version controlled and (I
> would assume) hosted on a higher volume server.
> Thoughts?
> Best wishes,
> Paul

View raw message