geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: m2migration branch is available
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:54:57 GMT
Hey, no worries.  I don't have the spare cycles to work on the M2
migration myself, so whatever method you guys think is best, I'm all
for it.  I just wanted to make sure you're prepared for some pain down
the road if you go the branch path, beacuse I think it will be nasty.

If I were doing this work, I think I'd want to escape RTC to do it --
perhaps by freezing development on trunk, working on a branch, then
voting to replace trunk with branch under the rules for
revolutionaries.  Or by getting the PMC to bless working on M2 in
trunk without RTC applying to the M2 changes.  Or by getting the PMC
to +1 the principle and leave you free to implement the specifics as
needed.  Or by claiming that the M2 build is broken and that's clearly
a bug and therefore you can do all this work under CTR for bug fixes.

Again, if you think you can be equally productive working in a branch
and then generating an RTC patch and applying it back to trunk, more
power to you, and don't let me stand in the way.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron