geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:04:39 GMT
I'm concerned that after all the work is done, it will be hard to
merge the M2 changes from the branch to the trunk.  SVN doesn't seem
to have particularly good handing for merging changes that involve a
lot of subsequent adds, deletes, moves, etc.  When this stuff gets
complex, more often than not, I've had to just whack the old tree and
check out a fresh copy.

So we could all shift to working out the kinks in the M2 branch as CTR
and then vote to make that branch *into* head under the rules for
revolutionaries.  But really, I think this just emphasizes the
limitations of RTC for the kind of work that's going on for 1.2.

Thanks,
    Aaron