geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Content for 1.2
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 00:36:08 GMT

On Jul 14, 2006, at 9:48 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> All,
>
> Its time to start defining the content of what everyone is planning
> on doing for 1.2.  The biggest change so far that I'm aware of are
> the refactoring of OEJB by Dain and the Maven 2 work done by
> JDillon, Prasad, Anita and others.  Not too much content from an
> end-user perspective.  I think DJencks was doing some work on
> pluggable JAAC as well.
>
> In the spirit of kicking 1.2 off can you post to this thread the
> things you'd like to get into 1.2?   I've heard many folks
> indiciate that the community would like to time box releases so
> they don't go on forever so to kick it off I'd think development
> through the end of August (that's when we'd branch) with a release
> toward the end of September sounds about right.
>
> Here's a strawman format for the ideas with my 2c in there.
>
> Proposer     	Description
> Hogstrom	Improve tomcat, Jetty and Connector instrumentation
> Hogstrom	SPECjAppServer Performance improvements.

All my ideas below depend on RTC working somewhat more than it has so
far, or my finding a way to develop these features outside geronimo.
The pluggable jacc patch has been in RTC since July 3 with 1 +1 and
no other comments.

djencks      pluggable jacc, at least the framework if not another
jacc implementation plugged in (might be done depending on results of
RTC)
djencks      global jndi, either working with Krishnakumar B
(GERONIMO-21530) or independently
djencks      make jpa available to jee applications (I don't
understand the problems well enough yet to say more)
djencks      jetspeed 2 integration

thanks
david jencks