geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:53:18 GMT
> I found it invaluable to track my work locally and be able to merge
> in trunk changes and produce patches, but IIRC none of the patches
> I produced could be applied by patch.  So, it would probably help
> single developers but might not improve communication or enable review

I would not expect it to have anything to do with communication or
review.  Just looking for an easier way to keep development branches
inn sync with trunk, and then when approved, make it easy to merge
back to trunk.  SVN is not very good at making this "easy" and thus
ends up being error prone (their book even warns users about it).

So, I was thinking that something like SVK might help facilitate the
sync... but I've only played with SVK in attempts to keep a SVN repo
synchronized with Perforce.

Seems like it might work... I'm gonna try and see.

--jason