geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Sponsor OpenEJB to become sub-project of Geronimo
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 09:11:27 GMT
+1

Most of the OpenEJB developers are Geronimo developers, so it really
makes sense to bring these two codebases together.

I don't see any problem with OpenEJB coming together with Geronimo
regarding to allow others to use the OpenEJB core w/o the rest of
Geronimo.  I believe that one of the key drives within Geronimo is to
make it highly flexible and pluggable.  Many components are already
in use by other projects (and OpenEJB) itself) with out requiring the
entire server.

There merger of these two groups will almost certainly result in a
more functional OpenEJB, which means a more functional Geronimo.

--jason