geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: VMware on GBuild?
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:38:46 GMT
On Jul 28, 2006, at 11:27 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>> Aight, fair enough.  I'm interested to see how well it performs.
>
> I still need to get past the IP address issue.  I can ask if we can
> get more from our provider, but there might be a fee or something and
> it may or may not work out.

I'm no expert on how the TCK runs, but I do not believe that you need
a public IP.  Though, with out a public IP, we can't use Cacti to
monitor the hosts, or ssh to them directly to admin them...  but if
you dedicate one host as a gateway then we can get past that... and
might even be able to setup port forwarding for SNMP/Cacti monitoring.

If there is any other issue that requires a public IP I am not aware
of it... and we should remove the need for it if one exists.

--jason