geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <>
Subject Found a fix but don't know why...Re: M2 assembly question
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 18:04:47 GMT
So I'm not sure if this is a bug in Maven or not... but in a given
module if the POM packaging is set to pom and if assembly descriptors
use dependencySet the dependencies as specified in the POM seem to be
ignored and the assembly zips end up being empty.  If I set the
packaging to jar then the dependencies get picked up and packaged.

I'm going to go and and fix this in the devtools assembly module by
changing the packaging to a jar, if anyone thinks this is wrong let
me know.

On Jul 6, 2006, at 12:34 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> Is it better to have an separate assembly module that generates the
> assemblies or is it better to have the assembly plugin configured
> in the root pom?  Currently in devtools I have it as a seperate
> module and use dependencySets to specify what gets included in the
> binaries. However as mentioned in earlier threads this is having
> problems working on one platform but not on another.  I don't know
> if it would make a difference if I define the assembly config in
> the root POM and use moduleSets instead.
> I'm wanting to put out a vote on the release of the 1.1 version of
> the eclipse plugin but need to get this problem fixed as currently
> my machine seems to be the only machine in which the assembly
> generation seems to be working :(.
> -sachin

View raw message