geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject M2 assembly question
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 16:34:36 GMT
Is it better to have an separate assembly module that generates the
assemblies or is it better to have the assembly plugin configured in
the root pom?  Currently in devtools I have it as a seperate module
and use dependencySets to specify what gets included in the binaries.
However as mentioned in earlier threads this is having problems
working on one platform but not on another.  I don't know if it would
make a difference if I define the assembly config in the root POM and
use moduleSets instead.

I'm wanting to put out a vote on the release of the 1.1 version of
the eclipse plugin but need to get this problem fixed as currently my
machine seems to be the only machine in which the assembly generation
seems to be working :(.

-sachin