geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 07:43:40 GMT

On Jul 4, 2006, at 12:35 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Has anyone used SVK to facilitate full branch merging at all?

I used svk while I was working on jetspeed 2/geronimo integration.
However, I wasn't a jetspeed committer at the time so don't know how
well actually committing sets of versions to the svn repo works.

I found it invaluable to track my work locally and be able to merge
in trunk changes and produce patches, but IIRC none of the patches I
produced could be applied by patch.  So, it would probably help
single developers but might not improve communication or enable review.

thanks
david jencks