geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo specs pre-RTC
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:03:52 GMT
I think it is more work than it is worth to try and create patches
and have separate issues for this.

  * * *

This will generally move individual modules from http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/trunk/XXX to http://
svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/XXX/trunk and then clean up
the pom's  right?

I think it is still a good idea to have them all extend from a parent
pom... there is still stuff that would be good to centralize, but the
parent and the child do not need to exists within the same tree and
do not need to share the same version.

I recommend creating a top-level spec-config/trunk/pom.xml that has
all of the common pom configuration... then release it a 1.0, and
have each of the spec pom's extend from that.  Spec config will
almost never change (unless we have to change project urls or
repos)... but when we do, its easier to manage in a central place.

I think we eventually need a general project-config module that we
can share with all sub-projects.  That module would be part of a
build-support project where our independent custom modules and build
configuration lives.

--jason