geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [m2 build] Update about custom assembly usage
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 23:39:39 GMT
On Jul 14, 2006, at 4:30 PM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:
>    Would it not be simpler to use the patched version of m-a-p and
> just
> rename it to geronimo-assembly2-plugin and add it to our code base?

I do not believe so.  The use of the dependency + antrun plugins are
relatively limited.

Both solutions are hacks IMO... and IMO the lesser of the two is to
use the released version of the assembly plugin + dependency and antrun.

We are also not certain that the patches to the assembly plugin will
be committed... and if they will be we are not sure when.  I'd be
happy to change this up once the new assembly plugin with support can
do this for us.  Short of that I believe the solution applied to the
geronimo-jetty-j2ee assembly is the most optimal given the situation.

> This plugin is more elegant than the ant solution. we can remove this
> code as soon as maven-assembly-plugin is updated. Are there any
> problems with using code like this?

There are no other problems that I am aware of.

>     BTW, I saw your comments about remote-deploy-* configs. These are
> the pending patches at -
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2067#action_12415761

I believe that was Prasad, not I who commented on this... but we will
take a look.  Thanks :-)

>     I will be offline for next 2 weeks due to preplanned summer
> engagements.

Enjoy.

--jason