geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Maven2 Conversation Status
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:10:31 GMT
On Jul 20, 2006, at 10:02 PM, John Sisson wrote:
> It built successfully for me in cygwin (first attempt failed in
> timer tests).  I'll try to do some tests on the weekend.

Timer tests are known to fail on slower or more resource constrained
systems.  All of the failures should be expected '20' found
(something less than 20).  The tests need to be redesigned to work in
all environments regardless of cpu/resource availability.

> I agree with Jeff's comments that we should have this pass the TCK
> before it is merged back to trunk.

I find it very hard to believe that we are going to spend time to
setup the TCK to run on sandbox/svkmerge/m2migration.

We will get the TCK to run, but we should do so from trunk.  It will
happen very soon after the merge is complete.

It is not like we are going to drop this work once the merge has been
done.

I'd appreciate a little flexibility here, else it just wastes our time.

--jason