geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: More to be added to licenses file for 1.1.1 ?
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:12:38 GMT
Technically... its bad for a module to need to access bits from ../
(or ../../ or ../../../../../../).  The proper way to do this would
be to add them to a new license module, then have each module depend
on it, using dependency plugin to download unpack and then antrun to
copy into place.

Still easier to have LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt local to the module.
Most of them will be the same, so not much work to maintain... a few
will need to be customized to keep us legal.

If we want to have a global... then we gotta write up some custom
plugin to handle that automatically for us.

--jason