geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Is SingleFileHotDeployer still used?
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:07:08 GMT

Yes, it is still used. I know of at least one user that is using
SingleFileHotDeploy.   In an earlier thread on the subject, Dain
mentioned that this would be replaced with a new Hot Deploy
implementation in 1.2.  AFAIK that new implementation has not yet been
created.

Also, the current Hot Deploy (while providing much more capability than
SFHD) doesn't cover at least one scenario that I understand is being
used: forcing a deployment of the application on each server restart
without regard to application changes.

Joe