geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [RTC] Merge m2migration (functional m2 build) to trunk
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 04:43:48 GMT
Here is my 2c.

I tested the build out tonight and was able to get a runnable server.  IMHO this change is
way too
complicated for a patch and is taking far too long (no offense to anyone working on the conversion

but more of a comment on our current process).

I'm inclined to +1 the work Jason has done and move this to trunk.  Then we all work through
the
issues.  Jason and others have been very diligent in working on this conversion (which is
in several
months now I think).

Based on the responsiveness of Jason, Prasad and Anita I don't see a tremendopus amount of
harm in
doing the merge and getting this done in trunk.  Its not ideal but one doesn't rework the
entire
build system every release.

I propose we +1 it...suck it up...and work with Jason to get this done.  It will be painful
for
everyone but I think right now Jason, Prasad and Anita are suffering way too much.

This isn't a server feature...this is a build system.  Its bigger than a bread box.  We all
know
what we're doing and its time to get this done.

Matt