geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: GroupId for DayTrader needed.
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:04:36 GMT
Hey,  I used to have a TRS-80.  32k of RAM...yup, those were the good 'ol days.

I agree that shortening the DT artifacts is only moving the bubble around.  The fact is that
for all
of its issues there are a lot more Windows users out there than the *nix OS's.

One area to improve things is to eliminate this redundancy:

daytrader-derby-tomcat_streamer.jar\1.2-SNAPSHOT\daytrader-derby-tomcat_streamer.jar-1.2-SNAPSHOT.car

At a minimum we burn up 47 characters with
daytrader-derby-tomcat_streamer.jar\1.2-SNAPSHOT where the actual artifact name contains exactly
the
same information for the most part.  I'm not sure what the right solution is here but if we
had a
creative way to remove the first part we'd get some serious relief.

Is the reason we have this so we can use the Maven component directly?  If we decided to modify
our
repository code to do some introspection would that help?  Dain, I know you wrote most of
the code
with David, what are your thoughts on this?