geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v1.1.0
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:00:46 GMT
Installed eclipse 3.2, installed JST (J2EE Standard Tools and its
dependencies), pointed it to an existing geronimo installation and
created a J2EE project.  I haven't had the time to read eclipse
tutorials on using the JST, so didn't build anything.

Have you thought about using a tool like wink ( ) to do a walkthrough of the
functionality to help get users started?  I think it could really help
get more users/developers interested and spread your knowledge :-).

IMHO we should at least have a draft of the release notes when voting
for a release and should be testing pretty much what our users will
see.  AFAIK, there isn't any user documentation we can look at for this
release at the moment.

I looked at the release notes for the previous release (
) and have the following comments if it is to be used as the basis for
this release:

* should mention JST is required.  I tried just using WST and it didn't
* describe what has changed other than the 8 bug fixes listed in JIRA
for this release
* describe what doesn't work completely - there was some mention of
things not completely implemented earlier in this thread
* mention help for dialogs during project creation isn't done
* limit line length in file to 80 chars for easy reading

FYI just in case others run into problems updating eclipse 3.2 with WST
etc, I wasted a bit of time when I hit a bug with the eclipse update
processing when downloading from a local mirror.  Added to comments to
issue .   Trying
the update with the main eclipse mirror site worked ok.

Sachin Patel wrote:
> Folks, its been almost a week and I still have 0 binding votes.
> Please vote.
> On Jul 11, 2006, at 4:33 PM, Kevan Miller wrote:
>> On Jul 11, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:
>>> FYI the current vote is on.. (breaking the all time software record
>>> on the number of release candidate drivers in one day)

>> Sachin,
>> All the license/notices look good. I created/started a server;
>> created, deployed and tested a jsp. Looks good to me. Nice work!
>> Here's my non-binding +1.
>> --kevan
> -sachin

View raw message