geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Improve runtime integration with tooling (All non-eclipse users please read)
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:35:05 GMT
Looks good to me Sachin (at least for those items that I understand).
The Geronimo runtime requirement to support deployment of modules that
don't comply with the specification (because of the IDE structure)
sounds like it will be challenging.

Just a few comments/questions:
- Is this a roadmap for multiple releases or what you think is needed in
the next release?  If it's a roadmap for multiple release it would be
helpful if these were indicated (or perhaps just a simple breakdown of
r1.2 and anything else as "future").
- Can we include an item to support a little-G assemblies via the plugin
in the future?
- Rather than one catch-all item to support the deployment plan editors,
these should probably be listed individually.  I suspect they will most
likely be implemented individually.   Also, are you thinking of these as
wizard-like capabilities really just editors?
- What are your thoughts about providing a mechanism to query available
elements that are already deployed in the server for the purpose of
offering the users lists of potential dependencies when building the
plans.  Building the plans using wizards were facilitate such features
but this probably isn't feasible with just editor support.
- I recall that Paul had mentioned the desire to include the ability to
generate a plugin from the tooling.  Should this be added to the list?

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net