geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ruebsam <mario.rueb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: war manifest classpath in ear (GERONIMO-2125)
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:20:27 GMT
I'm not sure but I think the Class-Path entry in war files is covered
by the spec because EAR, WAR and RAR are JAR files. J2EE 1.4
excluded EAR files from that. EAR manifest files should not contain a
Class-Path entry.

packaging description from sun:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/verified/packaging.html

Also the class path entry is relative to the war file not the WEB-INF/classes
or WEB-INF/lib in the war file.

Thanks,
Mario