geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 15:24:23 GMT
I think the Maven 2 work is a significant project.  It appears to me that RTC has worked really
well
in increasing e-mail traffic on the list exponentially but I too would agree that it has not
been
totally productive.  Here is my assessment:

1. Everyone agrees that this work needs to be done.

2. The overall approach is generally accepted.

3. I believe that Jason and others that have been working on the conversion (not to mention
the
voluminous amount of work on the part of Prasad and Anita as well as Jencks) and understand
what
needs to be done.

4. Maven 1 still works in trunk and Maven 2 is broken.

I suggest that we agree that the team doing the conversion be allowed to make the changes
directly
in trunk.  They are not disrupting anything they are currently fixing a move to an already
agreed to
build change.  Rather than have RTC be the model I move that we allow them to continue to

communicate through e-mail to keep everyone up to date on the status of the migration.

My goal is not to bypass RTC but merely to acknowledge that in the case of this migration
it is not
the best tool to accomplish the task.

John and Jacek since you are the active committers on the PMC perhaps you can discuss this
and
provide some relief in the process.

Cheers.