geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: [RTC] pluggable jacc
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:53:17 GMT
Hi,

I had a look to the patch and I think that it will take me about one
night to review it. As I will be on holidays this Friday, only 2 nights
left, and away from any computer for 3 weeks, I am happy to vote now if
need be.

I do have a couple of questions, more for my education than anything else:
* why is the root security element used as a placeholder for group
substitution in the geronimo-application schema? I would have thought
that this placeholder would be better in the geronimo-security schema
where the out-of-the-box/Geronimo substitution group is defined; and
* I think that SecurityBuilder should have a way to modify the
Environment of a Web-app module and, hence, that an additional method
should be added to do that during the createModule phase. Otherwise, I
am not sure how additional parent modules or specific dependencies can
be added to a Web-app module such that the GBeans added by the builder
can run.

Also, it is worth to underline that the definition of a substitutable
service element, which is currently replaceable by a gbean element seems
to be a very flexible configuration mechanism.

What would be awesome is to be able to register additional
ElementConverter with SchemaConversionUtils such that developers working
on their home grown substitution groups do not need to change this class.

Obvisously, I am sold :)

Thanks,
Gianny