geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: m2migration branch - thoughts?
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 19:18:58 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After having read so many emails with frustration and disgust, I think
> we could get rid of these shortcomings and do the migration in a
> branch - m2migration or alike. The idea of the branch would be to
> loosen up the RTC rules that are bound to the trunk and let people
> experimenting - do the migration without having to follow RTC,
> preparing patches that don't work for everyone, but often very
> temporarily until they're again fixed and improved.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jacek

The problem w/ migrating in a branch is that it gets out of date
quickly.  Since we're not using m2 in trunk anyway, why not just let
Jason go crazy in trunk?  If there are any changes that are needed in
trunk that would affect the current build then for that bit, we go RTC;
i.e. Jason should only be futzing w/ M2 POMs.

Regards,
Alan