geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Tracking the status of patches under RTC (was Re: [RTC] Clarification please from the PMC)
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2006 23:15:19 GMT
John Sisson wrote:
> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> John Sisson wrote:

> Thanks for creating the diagrams Alan.
>
> Currently one can create "Open" a JIRA issue and start working on it,
> optionally marking it as "In Progress" as you showed below in your
> first diagram.  In your second diagram this won't be possible.  The
> JIRA should be able to be worked on prior to RTC (and hopefully will
> be discussed on the dev list with the developer community before it
> gets to the RTC phase).

Ok, so the "In Progress" state will go off of Open state.  I guess that
the idea of the reviewed state for the actual patch application.  Please
note that I have removed the Reopened state.  It seemed superfluous.

> A JIRA issue may also be created for a bug and bug fixes do not need
> to go through the RTC process.

Yeah, we can use the current process for that.

> I assume we would always allow the user to move to the Review state
> (no matter what their issue type is) rather than trying to restrict it
> programatically.

I had intended to restrict it.  Do you think that it would be useful to
always be able to move back to a RTC voting stage?  When would we need
to do that after approval?

Regards,
Alan