geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <>
Subject Re: [RTC] Clarification please from the PMC
Date Sat, 01 Jul 2006 21:05:36 GMT

John Sisson wrote:
> * The code in svn should always build. During the development of 1.0
> and 1.1 there were long periods of time where builds were broken due
> to people committing code without doing a build to test it.  In some
> cases the developer may have done a build and it was successful, but
> when they committed the changes, they accidentally left out a file
> from the commit.  There were a number of times where people broke the
> build in their last checkin when they were blurry-eyed and just about
> to head off to sleep.  Developers in other timezones then wasted time
> either debugging the problem, or waiting for the developer who checked
> in the change to wake up or trying to find a revision that does build.
> John
This seems like a fairly fixable thing, right?  Some kind of Continuous
Integration for the project... Cruise Control or whatever?  I noticed
these JIRA's awhile back...

I don't know the details, but it seems like I've seen communication
either here or on the IRC about some kind of CI stuff... thinking
Blevins has worked on that stuff if I remember right.  If that's true,
it's unclear to me what is currently happening in terms of CI
(anything?), and what yet needs to happen.

So, could anyone here in the know please clarify that?

Also, once I understand a bit better about what needs to be done yet, I
would be glad to help get it going.

View raw message