geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject Corrent method for creating a patch
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 14:48:29 GMT
I was wondering if someone could fill me in on the correct method/etiquette
for creating a patch?

I am working with DayTrader and am trying to create a patch for a small
change to org.apache.geronimo.samples.daytrader.direct.TradeDirect.

Just for reference, I am working in eclipse using the subversion plug-in. I
have already created a patch, but realized that it contained the full paths
on my system and figured this probably wasn't kosher. Anyway, here are the
steps that I took...

- Checked out the "daytrader/trunk/modules/ejb" subfolder
- Made changes to TradeDirect.java
- Right clicked on my eclipse project and selected Team >> Create Patch
- Worked through the wizard and created a patch text file

Anyway, I was just wondering...

- what subfolder I should use as my root when checking things out?
- if eclipse with the sub-version plug-in is a ok for create a patch with?
- or, if working with the subversion commands outside of eclipse is
preferred?

Thanks...

Chris