geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Geronimo Eclipse Plugin v1.1.0
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:07:32 GMT

On Jul 10, 2006, at 5:16 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 7/10/06, Sachin Patel <sppatel2@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> No critical reason, just a time frame on when I'll upload the
>> driver to the
>> distribution size if no -1's have been casted.
>
> That's interesting...would that mean that if Geronimo 1.2 is about to
> release only 72 hours matters or 3+ votes?

Is it required that every PMC must vote? If not, then yes, I would
think so.  A released is only stopped if a -1 is received, not if
people abstain from a vote.

>> The first one just unzips into your ECLIPSE_HOME.  Once released,
>> the second
>> is the distribution that gets unzipped into the update manager
>> site.  The
>> packaging is a little different.  The second one can also be
>> tested by
>> unzipping anywhere on your filesystem and creating a "local"
>> update site to
>> it.  The site.xml is not really needed to test it.
>>

>> Which one do I need to download
>> and what are the steps to test it out? Just unpack to $ECLIPSE_HOME
>> dir? Just downloaded Eclipse 3.2 and am ready to give it a whirl.
>>

>> You can start with Eclipse 3.2 but will need to go to the update
>> manager to
>> add WTP and its requirements.  Or you can download the WTP-all in one
>> package.  I'm working as-we speak on a eclipse-plugin FAQ for the
>> wiki that
>> will contain further detailed info.
>
> Looking forward to reading it.
>
> Another question is about the naming - why is the plugin named -
> g-eclipse-... nor geronimo-eclipse-...?

No reason.  I can rename them.  Keep in mind these zips are not the
primary way of installation and only an alternate, as the recommended
approach to installing is through the update manager.

> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.laskowski.net.pl