geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: [M2 build] : Error building application uddi-db on XP
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:41:51 GMT
Negative.

I have already run into several problems with past m2 projects using
the RELEASE version of plugins... most notibly, then surefire plugin,
when it decided to change the format of systemProperties which one
day just completely hosed all builds.

We want to use known versions of these plugins...

And if you need to use something different then, put in a specific
version in your pom... and preferably add some comment to justify why
it needs to be different.

If the version is a newer released version and is compatible with
older versions and/or someone is going to update all poms that use
ihat plugin to be compatible, then project-config should be updated
and that version of the plugin should be made the default.

I do not believe that we want to make use of the RELEASE
functionality that comes in m2 as it is more likely to cause problems
in the future. IMO is not worth the added overhead of debugging
problems in months to come when things just start breaking.  I much
prefer the minor upkeep costs to manage versions explicitly in a
central pom.

--jason

wrote:

>> so it

> [...]
> [...]
> [...]
> [...]